We’re working to make June Oven smarter every day and your oven’s WiFi connection is a critical part of June’s continuing education. We release regular software updates that help June run more smoothly, keep its security up-to-date, and even add new features and Cook-Programs. The WiFi connection is also responsible for connecting your oven to our June app, enabling Premium Guided Recipes, remote access and control of the oven, and other connected features.
How to Connect June to a WiFi Network
You can either connect your oven to WiFi when prompted as part of the setup process or at any time from your oven's touchscreen using [Settings]>[WiFi].
- June will search for nearby WiFi networks and list them in order of signal strength, with the strongest networks listed at the top.
- Select the network you’d like June to connect to and enter the password using the keyboard on the screen.
- If the network you are trying to connect to has a weak signal, June will notify you before entering the password and suggest moving your router. You will have the option to “Connect Anyway” or “Switch Network”.
- June will connect to the network and notify you the connection was successful.
- If you are having trouble connecting to a network, check out our troubleshooting guide.
Frequently Asked Questions
The June Oven (3rd generation) needs a WiFi connection during set up. After the first software update is complete and June Oven has restarted, it can be used without an active WiFi connection.
We encourage you to keep your June Oven connected to a WiFi network so you can benefit from all our software updates, June app features, Guided Premium Recipes and new Cook-Programs.
Have more questions about connecting your oven to WiFi? Contact our support team.