If you cannot get beyond the June logo screen on your oven, here are some troubleshooting steps you can take to help get your oven working again.
This article covers what to do in the following scenarios:
- I found my oven stuck on the "June" logo screen. I keep tapping on the screen and waiting patiently, but the oven never seems to recover.
- My oven keeps saying "June is starting up", then the screen flashes black, and looks like it is going to launch to the main June home screen. It never does, it continues to stay in this loop.
- My oven screen is black, and it's unclear how best to move forward.
- My oven screen says "looking for updates", but never progresses beyond this.
Troubleshooting steps to take:
- Please try power cycling the oven (unplug the oven, plug the oven back in) and then see if the problem subsides. Please give the oven up to ten minutes to fully restart.
- Never unplug the oven during a Factory Reset.
- If the first step did not resolve the issue, please unplug the oven for five minutes, plug the oven back in and complete set-up.
- If a power cycle on the oven did not work, please try the following steps to perform a Quick Reset.
- To get to the recovery mode screen, tap on the startup screen twice when the June logo appears. This is similar to a double-click on a computer mouse.
- You must wait until the screen displays "Starting up..." before tapping on the screen.
- You have successfully reached the recovery screen when you see a menu with the words, “June OS Recovery” at the top of the display. See picture below.
- Tap on the “down arrow” button on the touch screen until “Quick Reset” is highlighted.
- Tap on the “OK” button with one finger.
- A “Quick Reset” confirmation screen will appear. Tap on the down arrow to highlight “Yes-- delete all user data”, and then tap on the big “OK” button again.
- Watch the oven's screen to confirm the message "Data wipe complete" is displayed.
- It may require a few attempts (usually 1-3 tries) at completing the Quick Reset in order for the “Data wipe complete” message to be displayed. Continue to repeat the Quick Reset process until the “Data Wipe Complete” message appears.
- After receiving the “Data wipe complete” message, exit the recovery screen by tapping the up arrow on the touch screen until “Exit” is highlighted. Tap the "OK" button on the touch screen with one finger.
- Your oven should now restart and launch the June “Hello!” startup screen.
If you are unable to access the recovery screen using the steps for a Quick Reset, please try the following:
- Power the oven off and then back on again.
- Allow the oven to restart. We kindly request your patience during this process, as this can take a few minutes.
If the oven fails to properly startup three times in a row, the oven will automatically go to the recovery screen. With the recovery screen displayed on your June oven, please continue to the steps for a Factory Reset. Also, at this time, please contact June Customer Support. They may be able to assist you without the need to perform a Factory Reset before attempting this on your own.
- Never unplug the June oven during a Factory Reset.
- Factory Resets can take up to fifteen minutes to complete. During this time it may seem like nothing is happening. The Factory Reset is in progress, please allow the oven to complete this process without interruption.
- Access the recovery screen, using the steps we covered earlier in this article.
- Tap on the down arrow button on the touch screen itself, with one finger, until "Factory Reset" is highlighted.
- Tap on the "OK" button and the Factory Reset will begin. Again, do not unplug the oven during this process.
- Make sure to only perform the Factory Reset one time.
- Following the Factory Reset, your oven will be back to the "Hello!" startup screen. This will be similar to the first time you unboxed and powered on your June oven.
The oven may take five to seven minutes to fully startup before it is ready and interactive. If you have any questions during this process, please contact June Customer Support at email@example.com.