With June’s Air Basket accessory, you can air fry chicken, fries or just about anything and eat them without all that guilt (that means we can eat double the amount, right?).
The Air Fry cook mode uses the power of the convection fans and heat from the elements, but does not try to utilize radiant heat. It uses the heated air in the cavity to cook the food. It works great for proteins, vegetables and starches.
Here are some tips to get you started:
- We recommend using air fry recipes instead of oven fry and deep fried recipes. Air fry recipes work best in the June Oven.
- Spray a generous amount of oil on food before cooking unless the food that you are frying has plenty of fat.
- Air fry works best with dry breading made of breadcrumbs, panko or flour. Wet batter/breading such as milk, butter, or eggs on food is not recommended for air fry because it will drip on the heating elements, which could cause smoke.
- Put a drip tray or foil in one of the Air Baskets and place it on the bottom shelf position to avoid crumbs falling and liquids dripping onto the bottom of the oven to make cleanup easier.
- Only use parchment paper on the Air Basket when a recipe calls for it otherwise it could affect cooking results.
- The Air Baskets are not dishwasher safe. Please gently wash the baskets with soap and warm water. Please rinse well and dry before use.